Thursday, July 26, 2007

Pal sock complete!

Yay, I actually finished these yesterday but all the men in my household have been poorly, the littlies and the big un so I have been mopping brows and passing round the basin...nice!


I am very pleased with these socks now, I just need to block the second sock. Now I know a lot of people think...block socks, you have a bolt missing somewhere Mrs! But really, what a difference it makes, see picture below. Cant you see just how much it opens up the pattern? If they were for me, granted I might not bother but these are a gift and I think if giving a gift make sure it looks its absolute best!

I still want to organise a few goodies and package these up nicely but I am getting very very excited about posting these off now!

Pal I hope you love your socks when they arrive. xx

13 Comments:

Blogger Sheryl said...

Pretty!

5:52 pm  
Blogger Scottishf said...

They are great, lucky pal!!

6:16 pm  
Blogger YarnSnob said...

was a difference blocking makes, I don't usually block mine but i think I will from now on....Nice

8:21 pm  
Blogger Isobel said...

I always block my socks, they turn out so much nicer, and they fit better. Your sock pal will really like these the colour is gorgeous.

9:48 pm  
Blogger Kate said...

Hurrah for blocking socks! :-) I like the before and after pictures. I should do that too, just to prove I'm not completely anally-retentive...

9:49 pm  
Blogger Teej said...

Oh, they're gorgeous. And I really appreciate the visual on why you block socks.. might have to consider that in the future because the blocked sock looks so. much. nicer.

1:08 am  
Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

Wow! They look great!

8:22 am  
Blogger Linz Knits Now said...

They are just so blummin gorgeous!
What a lucky recipient they are going have :D

Linz xxx

7:05 pm  
Blogger Holly said...

those are lovely. What are you thinking of adding to the box.

My box looks so empty right now with just the sock and the remaining yarn....

8:48 pm  
Blogger Lothlorian said...

ooh I think I am going to add a skien of yarn perhaps and a pattern. Not really sure yet!!

9:48 pm  
Blogger Lindsey said...

I'm with you on the blocking--it really does make a big difference. I'm still using the wire hanger method, someday I may splash out on proper blockers. It's not perfect, but it does make quite the impact compared to not blocking at all!

And your socks look lovely--well done! Your pal is quite lucky. :-)

4:57 pm  
Blogger Lothlorian said...

me too, I am working on a plan for the shop for blockers though so watch this space!!

7:05 pm  
Blogger Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

Blocking makes all the difference. I even debated gifting my pal with blockers, but couldn't get another pair this week to send off with the package. And of course my own blockers are sancrosanct LOL.

Great Looking socks!

5:22 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home