Saturday, July 28, 2007

socks...... shoes......what more could a girl want

Today is a very sleepy saturday, the bog man of the house is off running at Airth highland games, and I am home with the tiddlers, they have been out enjoying the first proper bit of sunshine we have had in weeks, I have washing out and cut the grass (also called jungle). It was a scary experience with various types of wildlife trying to commit the unthinkable with the help of the lawnmower. There are frogs EVERYWHERE which I find amazing as we are miles and miles from the nearest pond. Maybe they are living in our water supply which is a private spring....MMMM yummy frog water.



Anyway, as my paloozza socks are complete that leaves my sock needles empty GASP which is not on, so I have done what any self respecting sock nutter would and cast on a new pair. The yarn is devine, its from a friend and fellow yarn dyer who lives in Canada, her yarns are so pretty, she can be found on etsy HERE.



We swapped a few months back and i sent her some yarn too, swapping like that is so much fun it really is, well the yarn was sent surface so took a little while to arrive which was no big deal at all and added to the excitement anyway! It arrived yesterday so I cast on last night. Its 100% merino and very lovely, like lornas laces, the colours are so very me, greens, blues and deep plummy browns. So pretty!! Take a look......

I dont expect these to be on the needles long at all!

I also treated myself to some new shoes yesterday, they were a bargain and just too fabby to pass up! Captain Jack eat your heart out!!

I am also waiting for some very special buys from Monkey Toes, again another etsy seller, she makes bags and I may *ahem* have ordered THREE! They look fantastic and I cant wait for them to arrive. Royal mail is patchy at the moment to say the least which makes waiting so much worse, I have only had post twice this week when i know there are things on the way. I do feel sorry for the postmen and understand their reasons for the strikes, I just wish they were more exact about when they are not delivering, it take the stress off a little ;)

5 Comments:

Blogger Kai said...

ohhh lovely socksies and fabby shoes!! kai wants too!

I know what you mean about the postal strike.. :(

5:32 pm  
Blogger Tart said...

You've ordered THREE BAGS!!! bet there's an adult in your household who does not know you have ordered three - tee hee! Poor man. Would any one of them happen to have skulls in the fabric design, hmmmm?

8:13 pm  
Blogger Lothlorian said...

ummm all of them, what a daft question ;) and shhh dont tell on me miss please

9:36 pm  
Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

Very cute shoes and lovely yarn!

9:47 am  
Blogger Fiona Reynolds said...

Gorgeous yarns. Want the shoes!!!

11:39 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home