Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Queen of the waves FO

Now some of you may need to take a wee seat as this could come as quite a shock....Its a knitting FO and a big one at that!!! I got the pattern a few weeks ago I was shown it on the angels forum and totally fell in love with it, its a stunning shawl and so different to the usual shawls you see.


I recieved the yarn from my secret santa pal and instantly cast on, after that follows FOUR restarts, now when your casting on almost 400sts thats not funny but I was determined to make it. The pattern had a few minor errors but Ilga is a complete sweetheart and got back to any quearies within hours, th women is a complete darling!!


I learned a few new techniques along the way too, firstly the shawl is knit from the base up, some people find this quite mentally hard as your starting with a huge number of sts, I didnt really mind that at all. Also the stitch patterns were all new too and the cast off was the three needle bind off, again new but a lovely easy cast off, personally I prefered the whole process to any shawls I have knit before, I hate the fiddly start to a top down shawl i really really hate it, thats never a good start ;)


anyhoo enough witter, here are a few piccies, this is preblocking, I will get some modeled ones once its dry tomorrow


9 Comments:

Blogger Modelwidow said...

Oh wow! I'm lost for words (and that's saying something) this looks fantastic and well done for your perseverance (casting on 4 times?!).

7:05 pm  
Blogger Kai said...

my birthday is in Feb... hint hint hint.. or i'd take it for a very early Christmas pressie!! :P

7:48 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is really lovely! And the colour is gorgeous. I can't wait to have enough experience is shawls and lace to cast that one on.

7:52 pm  
Blogger Jacqui said...

Well done Cazza, it's been a bit of an epic with the confusion over stitch construction, although, as you say, Ilga was very helpful about it all. Yours looks fluffier than mine, does this mean I need to do another one in a different yarn? :o)

10:12 pm  
Blogger Linda said...

Its a beauty, well done! You should be proud.:)

6:38 am  
Blogger Kate said...

Beautiful! :-) Can't wait to see it when it's blocked.

8:25 am  
Blogger Yarndancer said...

Wow, that looks great, well done! Looking forward to seeing it blocked!

8:40 am  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Its beautiful!!!!!!

10:46 am  
Blogger Yvonne said...

Beautiful and you've given me the encouragement I needed to rip mine out and go back and start again this time following Ilga's errata!

10:03 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home