Sunday, July 01, 2007

Woolfest visit










Yesterday was an exciting day for two reasons
1. A whole day not being mummy and going out as a growed up
2. I WENT TO WOOLFEST!!!!
I dont know what I expected but it was an amazing day it was larger I think than I thought it would be, and there were so many people including a very decent amount of men which always makes me feel pleased to see so many men at an event so stereotyped as a female obsession, the majority of spinners I saw on the day were men.
I aslo got to meet Jenn from fyberspates, shes so nice and boy was she busy but she still made time to stop for a we chat which was lovely. Her yarns are amazing, I was very good though and bought a bit of her squishy DK in a pretty purple shade it YUM!




I also got to meet Mr Bluefaced, Andy, again what a great person to stop and chat to, he was very friendly and was more than happy to chat about the yarns he has and the processes they need to go through which are amazing and take a long time, understandably when you here just what needs to be done to turn that sheepies coat into something knittable ;)







Also amongst the knitty stalls there were some amazing sites, these dress were felted but so so delicate and there were signs saying dont touch as we may get damaged...TORTURE!! They just look so tactile but I took a piccy to make myself feel better...they are truelly stunning.





and lastly for today there were knitted knick knocks!!! Too funny and cute to leave out, arent they fab!



I will post some animal piccies tomorrow!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

I'm going next year. You can't stop me!! :-)

5:11 pm  
Blogger Linda said...

What a great day. Were those knicks knitted? An dthe felted dresses were amazing. I want to go next time!

7:10 am  
Blogger Lothlorian said...

yes they were knitted they ave me a right giggle such a fun idea!!!

7:49 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home