Friday, August 03, 2007

Two new colours!! and club talk

I am so excited by these colours, as a few of you will be all too aware I am a tad priate mad *ahem* an after yet another marathon POC watch I decided a couple of colours in the theme of my favourite characters would be a fun idea!! So here are Captain Jack and Davy Jones!



Captain Jack: I have tried to put in a few colours that would make you think of him, black for his eyeliner, brown for his hat and coat, purple for the ring he wears and a gold tooth, not forgeting the all important red for his bandana!

Marine greens mixed with a bit of brown and yellow and you have the colours to make you think of the tentacled face of Davy Jones!

Now club thoughts, I know we still have one yarn left in the current run, I will be dyeing it over the next few days, can you believe how fast its gone by, I cant.

Just a reminder the openings for next round are open, there are 13 places left and it will be open until the end of this month. I have been thinking about this next run and as well as some new yarn, I am thinking that I will go with a theme for the yarns, this time I think I will go for a Lord of the rings theme, more on that when i am completely decided, but rest assured the colours will appeal to everybody, not just Lord of the rings fans, I promise, but they will all have names related to this subject.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jacqui said...

Any chance of semi-solids for the lace club? Tempted :o)

10:17 am  
Blogger Lothlorian said...

of course honey :) you know I am a fan of mre solids for lace ;) you would of course be my first member of that club!!

10:46 am  
Blogger Kai said...

lovely yarns!! :) temptress.

11:01 am  
Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

So puuuurrrrdy!

12:29 pm  
Blogger Janice said...

Temptress :-O
They are sooo pretty, but I must resist!!

2:51 pm  
Blogger dianemulholland said...

You are an evil wizard :-(

mmmmmm... Davy Jones...

3:56 pm  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Hmm, I have been dithering over which club to sign up for when I sign up. (My Stashalong technically ends Sept. 1, but since I won't be getting the yarn until after that, I think signing up in August is totally OK!) LOTR socks sound like fun. But so does semi-solid lace. I'm not allowed to do both, though....and I'm more likely to use up my sock stash than my lace....oh, decisions, decisions!

4:02 pm  
Blogger YarnSnob said...

captain Jack is lovely!! great combo of colours :) oohh...ahh!!! ay ay captain!

11:50 am  
Blogger FairyNuff said...

ARRRR!!!
Great haul of yarnly booty yer got there!
Got to get some Captain Jack Eldest DD loves him too.... can see another yarn fight coming on!

2:25 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home