Monday, December 03, 2007

When life makes you glum, hope the postman cheers you up!

Phew what a couple of weeks we have had in the Middlearthknitter household, with sad times and also lots of poorly peeps. I am hoping that its all past us now and things will get cheery again in the run up to christmas. This past week has been a killer, first I get this flu bug thing with lots of shivery shakes and aches, then the ole tonsils chime in..nice, that passes and the kids get it and just as it all calmed down I pull a crown off a tooth YAY hehee thats all sorted now and apart from being super tired life is starting toget back to how it should be at this time of year, the kids are excited and school life is manic. My baby has a part in his school play, I am ever so proud of him, he has eighteen lines to learn and boy did that scare me but I tested him and he already knows all but about two of them off by heart, hes such a star and I am so so proud. Did I tell you just how proud I am ;)

Club yarns are being posted off this week, after that the clubs will take a lil break and return I am thinking in February to allow me to decompress after the holidays and get bak into the swing of it all again.


Its almost like the postie knew I was glum though as I have recieved two lovely parcels, both etsy buys and both rather special!


First up is a very very special stitch marker bought from the lovely Aija of Sock Pron and zero marker fame! This is so pretty and unusual, its a skeleton leaf dipped in silver, it is very striking and I am amazed at how sturdy this pretty little thing is. I will use it as a marker for now but I also think that I will look for a fastening to make it into a pin or shawl pin, suggestions and ideas for this most welcome.


next up is something very new to me, I have seen many people buying or spinning handspun sock yarn. I have always been curious to know how it differs from commercial yarns and while browsing etsy I stumbled upon this lil gem. Its 350yrds of handspun superwash sock yarn in a very pretty colour from knitting pretty who is a really lovely seller, very willing to answer my rookie questions so thank you for that! More pictures will be sure to follow once I cake this up and cast on, which I am pretty sure will be tonight!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooh that leaf is super duper pretty!!!!! love it


18 lines is a lot! you should be proud of him for wanting to do it!

4:31 pm  
Blogger Kai said...

Aww that's so cute! Wish him all the best for the play from me...

The leaf is stunning and tat handspun is gorgeous.

4:54 pm  
Blogger Lothlorian said...

thanks girls hes all exctied people are saying that, I hope to take pictures of him at the play so will share them if I can :)

5:35 pm  
Blogger Jacqui said...

Yay! You're blogging again! You were missed. Glad you're feeling a bit better.

Good luck to the little wizzardling in his play, DD2 is a snowflake this year aaaahhh! No lines though she's got all on to remember the words of the new songs.

xx

5:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better hun :-) take care you don't get run down again!

Love the little leaf marker - it's so pretty! And keep your eye on the postman, you never know when he might be around again :-D

*looks mysterious*

6:31 pm  
Blogger YarnSnob said...

sorry to hear you haven't been well. hope things in the middleearth household is happier now.
Aw...good luck to little one in the play

10:10 pm  
Blogger Janice said...

I remember those school plays, I think I was more nervous :-/ Anyhoo I like the stitch marker and can I have a fondle of your handspun sock yarn :D pleeaasee lol

10:37 pm  
Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

That knitting pretty sock yarn is so beautiful!!!

9:40 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home