Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Shoalwater FO pictures long overdue

Shoalwater has been complete and blocked for over a week, and has been worn almost everyday since. I love this, I think its my favourite big knit so far. This is down to the yarn used in a big way I think. The colours really do suit it and the yarn drapes nicely but its not too delicate either meaning I am not too scared to wear it often.


You can see the colours nicely in this first picture i think.






I wear it like this mostly when i am out, according to a young friend (thanks Heather) this is how the cool kids work a shawl, and as I was out shopping with her i had to make sure as not to be too uncool and old! I hope I managed to pull it off ;)

and here it is in all its watery glory! It blocked out to be a rather huge piece, it was really quite small and scrunched up. The other nice thing about this yarn is that it seems to hang on to the scent of whatever you wash it in, which is rather lovely and comforting when you are wearing it around your neck.

A special thank you and a round of applause to the budding pap too who is my four year old son Conor! Which is why I was crouching down, when I stood up most of the pictures looked black as he had to tilt the camera upwards to get me in. Didnt he do well.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i think for a 4 year old, he actually did really well. i wouldn't say that bad at all.
i took two of them and worked them in photoshop to lighten them, but i have a monitor that tends to blow everything out so if you like the lightened versions try them. i also did it without my glasses on i just realized so i hope they are ok.
check your email girlie.
xoxox
j

2:56 pm  
Blogger Jacqui said...

Great shawl and great photos Conor!

4:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cairi that's great! You must be pleased with it.
Missed you on Sunday at the woolly gathering .... perhaps next time...
Helen.

5:11 pm  
Blogger Lothlorian said...

aww thanks girls :) and Jen thanks :)

helen, yes I was so upset not to make it and deffo next time x

5:41 pm  
Blogger Soo said...

That looks gorgeous! And what a fab photographer.

9:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks awesome! I love that photo of you in the middle - workin' the shawl :-) I wish I knew how to wear a shawl - I always end up with 'old lady' (lol)

9:22 pm  
Blogger Janice said...

It looks lovely, and I think you have a budding photographer there, or was he bribed with chocolate :D

9:32 pm  
Blogger Yarndancer said...

Great shawl! And Conor did very well with the pics. Well done both of you!

8:42 am  
Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

Congrats on the fabulous FO!

11:14 am  
Blogger Linda said...

It is a beautiful shawl!

4:25 pm  
Blogger aija said...

Man, your son rocks the cam! (Like you rock that shawl!!)

2:51 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great shawl and great pics!

1:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!

And very well done Conor!

4:28 pm  
Blogger Kai said...

wow! it's fab! and Conor has done a great job with the piccies.

8:48 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home