Thursday, August 30, 2007

socks, simply!

I have had so much on lately that the knitting chez wizzy is rather thin on the ground, socks however are always a good project, and simple socks, all the better!

I took part in a swap with fellow etsian, Jane (her shops in my list, see jane knit) I got a skien that I thought would be very me, an well it is, lovely teals and blues, so pretty and perfect with my jeans.


these are as you can see, just plain socks, makes for boring piccies i suppose but the yarn is lovely, the colours are very pretty and they are great socks. They are not made from a set pattern, its a memorised mix of all my favourite (so far) sock bits, plain rib, simple stocking stitch pattern, and a garter gusset, I dont need a pattern and can do these at my leasure. That to me is knitter heaven! yes I like a complex project but that has its place and right now, socks are what my brain needs!

7 Comments:

Blogger Kai said...

Cool teal-y socksies!!! Love them. I need to knit more socks to have a pattern that I just know though.. :(

7:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well they are very pretty INDEED!

8:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

totally agree, very pretty, simple socks but fab colours.

10:34 pm  
Blogger Ang said...

I agree, very pretty colours.

8:49 am  
Blogger Fiona Reynolds said...

They're ace - nothing like simple socks as a quick knit!

1:30 pm  
Blogger jayne said...

Oh my lord! They are twinny socks!! I totally see what you mean. The man's have brown and green in there (kind of a Shoreline Trail type colorway).

Yours look great! I have the same sock knitting philosophy. I always knit 'em plan with ribbed cuffs and typical heel flap technique. I have the pattern memorized and sock knitting is just a relax and a pleasure. No thinking.

Happy birthday, BTW, you got great goodies. :)

3:29 pm  
Blogger Lothlorian said...

thanks honey :) I nearly fainted when I saw your hubbies socks heehee so similar!

I have more goddies on the way too, so so spoiled :-D

3:33 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home