Monday, August 13, 2007

my socks arrived!!!

They are lovely!!!! They are made in cygnet yarn, one I havent tried yet, and a lovely plummy colour. They have a pretty cable up the back, please excuse the bad photography for that, but its not easy taking a picture of the back of your own foot unless your a yoga expert perhaps. The toes had me very interested too, I tend to be on the boring side and use the same technique over and over for toes. These socks have shaping on one side so my socks actually have a left and right!!




They are from the lovely sarah at yoshimiknits.blogspot.com. She was a complete sweetheart throughthe whole swap, stayed in touch and asked lots and lots of questions too. Thanks sarah and please stay in touch I have loved chatting with you xxx


I will have more news later on today including an esty monday and updates to the shop.

10 Comments:

Blogger Kai said...

lovely socksies wizard!!! :) suits you!

9:25 am  
Blogger Yoshimi said...

The toes are the atanomically correct toes from Persnickety Knitter...

http://persnicketyknitter.blogspot.com/2006/02/anatomically-correct-sock-toes.html

10:18 am  
Blogger Lothlorian said...

ooh thanks yoshimi, they do fit rather nicely, I am sure I will have a play with them at some point :)

10:31 am  
Blogger Linda said...

They are great socks, I really like the cable at the back. I have used Cygnet yarn and it was nice.

11:18 am  
Blogger Janice said...

Lovely socks :-)

11:30 am  
Blogger Kate said...

Love the cable. I've never tried cabled socks, yet got some from my pal as well. Now I want to try some!

12:36 pm  
Blogger Bertha said...

Wow, those turned out so lovely! I love how they look so simple from the front, but then have that beautiful cable in the back!

2:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh your socks knit for you are very pretty indeed! love them.

i also love the colors of your pirate influenced sock yarn int eh posts below. the attention to detail of the colors is great!

i need to lay off the tea so i can stop using the exclaimation points.

3:03 pm  
Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

Very pretty!!!!

9:03 pm  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Ooh, fab socks! Great job to your pal--those slanted toes are cool. I'll have to bookmark that link and try it out someday.

3:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home