Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Shoalwater success

This pattern was one of my first pattern buys, I loved it, I live in my jeans and this just looked perfect for wearing with them, I loved the colours and the stitch pattern. The whole thing had me so excited.


Now I have lost count of the amount of attempts I have made on this, all ending in tears and never getting past about row 60 I think. Maybe there was a reason for this, one I think I have found!


That reason must be that I was meant to wait to make it in woolmeise, colour Dani in dark, this is the 100% superwash merino, which comes in 150g skeins and with a fantastic yardage of 574yrds! Put that together with the lovely yarn base and the fabulous colourways and you have a dreamy yarn to knit with.


Here's a closer look at the pattern and the colour of course. I remember using browns and blues together a lot at art school and will never forget a tutor telling how very retro and brave that was, I always thought that was such an odd statement, even more so from a tutor whose field was textiles and colour theory but hey ho, I think they are the perfect combination!


This whole project fits in my piddleee bag, that and the yarn and the chocca notions pouch, I love that I can keep it all in one place as I am terrible for losing bits of projects!

and I love these markers that came with my pouch, they have my initials heehee!!!


11 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Well it is beautiful so I am sure that is meant to be!

3:45 pm  
Blogger Janice said...

It's truely beautiful :D I love your choice of colours, I thinbk it is definately worth it :D

7:43 pm  
Blogger Soo said...

Destiny!!!

8:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooh! So pretty!

piddleee bag

ROFL. What?

10:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooh PRETTY shawl! so jealous!

piddlee is just my name. piddleloop sewing team is my game. Queen of sewing rectangles i am.

3:21 am  
Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

Looking great!

7:54 am  
Blogger Kate said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely! Can't wait to see it all done. :-)

11:54 am  
Blogger Yoshimi said...

Right Missus, what pattern is this, where do I get it? I loooooove that shawl, and want one!

8:55 am  
Blogger Fiona Reynolds said...

Gorgeous!

9:21 am  
Blogger Lothlorian said...

yoshimi, its the shoalwater shawl from fiber trends, and I think, angel yarns, get knitted and woolly workshop to name just a few stock it, I think I have seen it on ebay too, its a lovely pattern to knit, quite relaxing once you get in the flow

10:09 am  
Blogger Kai said...

it's gorgeous honey! and i have no idea what your art teacher was on about! those colours go really well together.

8:43 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home