Friday, February 29, 2008

Hemlock for the Worlock and swap goodies

Worlock central has been a pretty cold and gusty place to be of late, the weather is positively disgusting and its been getting us all down. I have been in need of a nice blanket for while I am sitting at nights for quite some time but I havent found anything I like to buy....why is everything always either pink or floral! I know plenty folks like that but its not me and doesnt go with the decor in our house either...that and it being a male dominated household I would not be thanked for a pink throw ;)

Then Kai posted a picture of her finished Hemlock Blanket and I thought it was so lovely that I had to make my own! So I went for a rummage in my stash and pulled out some Lambs pride worsted thats been sitting for quite a while now waiting patiently for me to make my mind up on a project. This seemed perfect!

Its a very pretty shade called Persian Peacock, it has a lovely slight fuzz to it and a wonderful soft sheen too. It will go perfectly with our chocolate brown sofa!

This is proving to be a nice project, so far its been pretty fast, once I got past the error on line 35, and I am entering the feather and fan chart now. It will slow down now as the rounds increase greatly in length but I still hope to aim to have this completed by the end of the weekend, lets face it, its not like the weather is lending itself to doing much else! I have three skiens of yarn so I will make mine bigger and I will be using a different cast off to as I am not keen on the one in the pattern, its a little too fussy and I have one planned that will still be pretty just not as large.



Here is the progress as of this morning:





I also recieved a wonderful package in the post today, I took part in a swap on ravelry, it was quite a relaxed theme, send something yarn related but also just do a little stalking and of course read your pals answers to the questionaire and send them some bits and pieces you think they would like.


My pal sent me some seriously wonderful things, thank you so much Lindsay, it is all wonderful! She sent some emergency chocolate, a lovely pendant with a skull and crossbones on, some bath products shaped like fortune cookies, my kids want to pinch these, they think they look very cool indeed!!! Lastly, but definately not least she sent me some Shi Bui yarn in the best colours I have ever seen! The yarn looks and feels amazing and I cant wait to knit it up into some special socks!

Extra special yummy yarn!



Pirate pendant ARRRRRR!



Chocolate for those dark moments when nothing else will do ;)

Fortune cookie bath goodies in a special take away box!!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've received some lovely squishy goodness there :D I know what you mean about the weather I got soaked when I popped into Tescos (Dalkeith) earlier. I have the coal fire on and I'm going to sit and do lots of knitting as well.

4:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooh you got some good stuff! what a great swap pal!

4:44 pm  
Blogger Linda said...

That blanket looks scrummy, its a lovely pattern!

4:59 pm  
Blogger ContinentalCat said...

Lovely things you've got there, lucky you!

Your Hemlock is looking good already, it's such a nice and easy pattern that it will be finished before you know it - and the weather doesn't seem to be getting any better soon.

11:11 am  
Blogger Jacqui said...

Lovely goodies there!

Word to the wise, if you go too big on the hemlock the f&f section will pucker, you might want to check the yahoo group if this bothers you to see if anyone solved this and got it to lie flat ... mine puckers but I'm not fussy :o)

2:27 pm  
Blogger Lothlorian said...

thanks for that info, I was looking up others and others using the lambs pride seem to have used four skiens so I am wondering if i even have enough now!!

7:38 pm  
Blogger Linz Knits Now said...

What a cracking swap...the yarn looks d3vine and the others goodies show good stalking lol

I love the hemlock pattern (i'm sure i've queued it somewhere *wink*) the colour you have chosen doesn't suprise me cazza...you still have the teal thing going then? :D

take care xxx
Linz

9:38 pm  
Blogger Lindsey said...

I love the colour of your Hemlock. I hope you can finish! It does stretch a good deal on blocking, so even if you have to finish it earlier than the full pattern you might have enough to cover your lap! I have some Lamb's Pride that might be destined for a Hemlock for me, since I gave my first one away. :-)

Your swap gift is truly lovely! Very good stalking indeed.

11:18 pm  
Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

What a great package! And I seriously need to knit myself a Hemlock Ring.

3:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teeeeal! Love the Hemlock, and Lamb's Pride is such a nice yarn, too.

4:32 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh that Hemlock is looking beautiful, such a gorgeous colour.

8:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice swap haul, I particularly like the emergency choccy :-)

11:46 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home