Monday, August 25, 2008

When life gives you a slap

Its late and a school night but I dont feel much like sleeping. John came home from work complaining about pain in his chest and left arm, so off to the docs he went, it was very late on for the surgery, about 15mins before closing but an hour went by and I heard nothing, then two...... I knew they must have sent him to the hospital, eventually the phone goes and its an A&E nurse to let me know he is there and I am to phone back in an hour to see if they are keeping him in, so I do, and they are.

I am just back having gone to see him, he looks ok, they have him hooked to machines, the doc says there are some abnormalities with his heartbeat and then tells us that he will talk to John in the morning about it, I hate when they say that and then expect you to relax and not worry! They heard a murmour too, aparently thats not that uncommon, John is a very very fit healthy man too which I think worries me more. I hope its nothing and just one of those things, this man is the other half of me! Coming away and leaving him there tonight wasnt nice, he looks relaxed enough but I just want to be there giving him a hug!! He says they called an ambulance for him at the health center and that he asked them to call me, he was pretty upset they hadnt but I am not all that surprised really.

These things really make you remember whats important. John is my world, theres a high chance hes completely fine but even the threat that something isnt right really scares you.

I love you honey xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope he is well enough to come home very soon!
xoxo

12:01 am  
Blogger YarnSnob said...

Thinking of you both {{{HUGS}}}

5:56 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know it's not the same but have a hug from me. xxx

6:25 am  
Blogger Kate said...

*snuggles*

7:50 am  
Blogger Linz Knits Now said...

fingers crossed that everything is ok hun...{{{hugs}}} thinking of you xx

9:38 am  
Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

*Hugs* I'm sure things will turn ou alright.

9:53 am  
Blogger Kai said...

*hugs & snuggles* Hope everythings ok...

10:24 am  
Blogger The Gadabout Knitter said...

Good thoughts coming from across the pond!!

3:09 pm  
Blogger Yarndancer said...

Hope everything is OK. Hugs

3:39 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home