Friday, May 23, 2008

Meme calling!

Well Kate has tagged me, and I think this is a lovely wee meme so what the heck here goes!

The rules:
“The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.”

1. What was I doing ten years ago?

Ten years ago I was in my last year at Grammar School! I remember that whole year very very fondly. This was the year that I feel everything started to fall into place for me, I was finally confident enough to be who I really was at school and stuff what everybody else thought! I was also having my best running season that year and I actually won Langholm's big Sprint. This was a HUGE achievement, there had never been a female adult winner before and it put the cat among the pidgeons for quite a while, its amazing how many fully grown men felt the need to come up to me and curse me out.....which made it feel even better to have beaten their runners :P This was also the year John and I got to know each other...need I say more, it was an amazing year!

2. What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):

1. Dye up some yarn
2. h...h...hhhh...housework *shudders*
3. Bake some of those fabby looking brownies on Ysolda's blog mmmm
4. Several school pick ups
5. Post some parcels

what an exciting life I lead ;)
3. Snacks I enjoy:

anything sweet...and I mean everything, which is not a good thing.

4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

I wouldnt live in this country thats for sure! I would be off to warmer shores where I would buy a nice castle for us all to live in and I could sit and knit my heart out.

5. Places I have lived:

I was fortunate enough to never move as a child, so grew up in the same place in the borders and didnt leave until I was 18. I spent a year in digs in Edinburgh, I enjoyed it but could never live in the city long term. Then I moved in with John just outside Stirling but we moved back to the borders when I was expecting out eldest son, we lived in a pretty nasty four in a block flat for seven years until moving into this lovely cottage we are in now.

6. People I want to know more about:

ok I pass the torch to Piddleloop, Lindsay, Jen, Claire

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

You make me feel so old. I left school 17 years ago. *fetches zimmer frame*

Yay for sticking two fingers up to male runners. :-D

9:14 am  
Blogger Lothlorian said...

I feel like that was longer ago than ten years... when I think about it I have fitted a lot in!!

9:21 am  
Blogger Janice said...

How do you think I felt when I read this stuff, I left school 29 year ago and I stayed on till 6th year lol.

10:11 am  
Blogger Tart said...

As for me - just found out I have been tagged, you little *****!!!
Hmmm, I'll have to give this some thought and dredge my memory. Nothing as impressive as a sprint win lurking in my past, though!

8:15 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home