Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Shetland Shorty FO

Here it is, my first official finished knitted GARMENT, I am thrilled to bits with this top and so pleased that its something I will get a lot of wear and enjoyment from. The pattern is SHETLAND SHORTY from the new summer knitty (click the pattern name to take you there). The pattern is very well written and a joy to work from, the stitch pattern is easy but not boring and there is minimal making up. The shoulders are bound off using three needle bind off, I havent used this technique before but loved the result in looks and feel, then there was the smallest amount of sewing required at the base of the sleeves and some ends to weave in and that was it, ready to wear!!

I used wollmeise sock yarn and knit a size medium, I only needed one skien to make this so that made this quite a bargain. I had 20g left over too so no scary "will I finish" moments.


I know there were dissussions on ravelry about this top and some others in knitty and if they were suitable for anybody other than super skinny minis, well I aint no skinny and I think this top is perfect if you are on the curvier side, it makes the most of those curves I think. So I say go for it people, try this top, you will be very pleasantly surprised :)


10 Comments:

Blogger Kai said...

It looks lovely! And really suits you. :)

I dismissed this cos I'm busty, but I think I'll have to make myself one now!

9:04 am  
Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

Very nice job!

9:18 am  
Blogger Emily said...

It looks great on you!

10:51 am  
Blogger YarnSnob said...

wow sexy!!! Looks great on you! Well done, are you ready for the Feb Sweater??

2:28 pm  
Blogger Gudrun Johnston said...

Thanks for the plug! It really does look great on you!

3:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous :-)it definitely looks like something very wearable iyswim.

8:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks fab and I love the platinum blonde hair colour :-)

3:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too cute! Looks fab. <3

3:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great! How long did it take you? Argh I should really concentrate on all the big and involved designs I've got on the needles, but all I'm interested in is instant gratification projects! ; )

11:13 am  
Blogger pinkarwensocks said...

That looks really good on you, and how nice to make something you know you'll love to wear.

1:53 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home