Friday, February 09, 2007

Hubble Bubble Dye and Dabble


I bought some lovely soft cobweb lace weight, 200g and at least 2400yrds of it. Heaven in two skiens that is!!

I bought this with the purpose of dyeing it and I thats exactly what I have spent my evening doing! I had a rather precious packet of Teal coloured Ashford dye.

Firstly the yarn needed to be soaked so into a bowl with some warm water and a little of the soapy stuff while I prepared the rest.
















Then I mixed one teaspoon of the dye powder with enough water to form a paste, once it was mixed i added more water until the powder dissolved. I dont have a pot that I can leave purely for dyeing so I had to improvise a little and use the bowl over a pan. I filled a bowl with enough water to cover the yarn, and to this i added the dye mixture, and two tablespoons of vinegar to fix the colour. Lastly I popped the yarn in with it and gradually brought the pan of water up to a quiet simmer. The yarn had to simmer for about 30-40mins.

Once this was done then I lifed it off to allow it too cool and once cool it was lifted out and rinsed and hung to dry.
I will take pictures of the finished item tomorrow in daylight to show just how beautiful and jewel like it really is!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger dianemulholland said...

Oooooooooh I can't wait! What are you going to make?

9:07 pm  
Blogger Kai said...

i likesey, i likesey!!!!! :D

want to see it dried.... but it looks so lovely already..

9:21 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home